Friday, July 10, 2009

Release Control to Gain Control

You do not have control, but you might think you do. Many think we do. There are some that do, but many that need to learn to take control. The way to control is to realize you do not control and to release the idea of being in control.

This might sound like a contradiction. You give up control to gain control. Someone who thinks they control something other than themselves is in fact, out of control. This knowledge actually took me to some level of release of control that it was just beautiful. I let everything control me. I let the world spin. I let angry man be angry and complain and hate me. I let the happy man be happy and thank me as they shared joy in receiving from reality. I let the hot weather burn me, but I got out of the hot weather and went into air conditioned spaces.

Just then you might think, "There! He went to the air conditioned spaces. He controlled himself or his environment to control the temperature."

If you think that, then you are taking control. You have no appreciation for what is. Hot and cold do not mix. They both inherently exist together. One does not eliminate the other. They simply balance. Their balance is hinged on coexistence and exchange. Hot will always be there and the exact amount of cold will always be there. Where it goes or changes into is a different chapter.

Going back to me being in control of my environment. I must appreciate that hot and cold exist. I then must understand the human body, or myself and my physical needs. Those needs are uncontrollable. They are and need a healthy balance and without that balance, something must exchange with reality. That is all out of my control. I simply manipulate the things that are. The manipulation of the air conditioner from off to on does not mean I control cooling. If I control anything in reality, then I lose my appreciation for what is. I lose my enjoyment of its existence. I fail to see the beauty of what lives with me, all around me.

No comments: